Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology is the most efficient the most efficient mobile broadband technology
for providing an excellent user experience. It offers the highest data rates and shortest latency times.
Relay transmission can be seen as a kind of collaborative communications, in which a relay station (RS) helps
to forward user information from neighboring user equipment (UE)/mobile station (MS) to a local eNode-B (eNB)/
base station (BS). Relays that receive and retransmit the signals between base stations and mobiles can be used
to effectively increase throughput extend coverage of cellular networks.Relaying enhances coverage and capacity.
The UEs communicate with the relay node, which in turn communicates with a donor eNB.
- Simple and inexpensive functions
- Minimal impact on standard specifications
(specifications on repeater performance defined in Release 8)
- Noise Amplification simultaneously with desired signals.
- Elimination of Noise
- Processing delay due to modulation/de-modulation
and encoding and decoding
- Radio control functions must be added between
base station and relay station
- Elimination of noise
- Small impact on standard specifications
- Processing delay due to modulation/demodulation and
encoding and decoding
- Layer 3 processing delay (user-data regeneration
Paper Smart Cooperative Relay Scheme in LTE-Advanced System